Participate in international standardization activities
As liaison member of ISO/TC 229 and IEC/TC 113 WG3
- IEC TS 62607-4-4:2016 Nanomanufacturing – Key control characteristics – Part 4-4: Nano-enabled electrical energy storage – Thermal characterization of nanomaterials, nail penetration method (published)
- IEC TS 62844:2016 Guidelines for quality and risk assessment for nano-enabled electrotechnical products (published)
- ISO PWI 4971 Nanotechnologies – Performance evaluation of nanosuspensions containing clay nanoplates for quorum quenching (working project)
Promote mutual recognition of nano-enabled products certification
- Taiwan NanoMark and Malaysia NanoVerify are collaborating a new scheme for possible mutual recognition.
- Initiated the pilot program of mutual application of NanoMark & NanoVerify in 2018
Inter-Lab Comparison (ILC) 2019 Workshop
6 January 2020
Pathum Thani, Thailand
Inter-Lab Comparison (ILC) 2019 Workshop was organized on 6 January 2020 at Thailand Science Park, Pathum Thani, Thailand. The aim of this workshop is to discuss the result of analysis the gold nanoparticles size measurement among participating laboratories. There were 14 participating laboratories (5 Nations: Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Iran, and Thailand). The morning session, 5 invited speakers from Philippines, Malaysia, and Iran shared their knowledge on the topic of “Preparation and Characterization of Nanoparticles”. The afternoon session was the ILC 2019 result discussion which was supervised by Dr. Jariya Buajarern who is the group leader of National Institute of Metrology Thailand (NIMT), Thailand. This discussion session served as harmonization of measurement capability for nanoparticle size among the participating laboratories because the harmonization of measurements and regulations of nanoparticle characterizations are necessary for the numerous nano-products development and utilizing the most advantages of the nanoparticles.
In addition, the workshop and result discussion session is an important step for further promoting collaboration and measurement standards harmonization as well.
For the first comparison initiative, it was issued on 6 September 2017 for 3 types of Polystyrene latex and TiO2 nanoparticles. A total of 17 labs (13 overseas labs and 4 Thai labs). The measurement result was submitted to NIMT on 31 May 2018 and a workshop to discuss the result was organized on 24 September 2018 at NANOTEC.