Asia Nano Forum (ANF) is a network organization, founded in May 2004 and now a registered society in Singapore, known as Asia Nano Forum Society, since Oct 2007.
To promote responsible development of nanotechnology that educationally, socially, environmentally and economically benefits each economy by fostering international network collaboration.
- Foster nanotechnology in the region by creating mechanisms to share information, human and physical resources and expertise
- Support regional economic and environmetal development through joint projects addressing major regional issues, with an empasis on support of developing and emerging economies
- Coordinate joint investment in and mutual access to major infrastructure by member economies
- Promote and coordinate standardization and safety of nanotechnology concepts and measurements
- Act as an advocacy group for nanotechnology in the region and for adequate regional representation of nanotechnology at global forums
- Initiate, promote and manage co-operative scientific and technology research projects within the member economies
- Enhance public awareness and education of nanotechnology and associated social, environmental, health and economic issues
Asia Nano Forum Summit is held annually hosted by one of its member organizations where high level invited delegates from government, academia and industry gather to report on the latest developments of nanotechnology in ANF member economies. The ANF summit is a flagship event of great significance to the hosting member economy which receives strategic support from ANF for its nanotechnology development.
Executive Committee Members
(one from each economy)
JST & AIST, Japan
2008 – 2009
Academia Sinica, Taiwan
Hak Min KIM
2010 – 2011
2012 – 2013
2014 – 2015
2016 – 2017
Other Founding Members